Heavenly Yet Beautiful Cupcakes

Starting my own cupcake company was a thrill and I learn so much. But I yearned for the calm of taking my time to create perfect little decorations and unique flavor combinations. After selling my business, I decided to focus on teaching my craft. I hope this site will inspire you to create and indulge in one of the best and most satisfying desserts...the cupcake.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Where can you find Couture Cupcakes?

Oooooo.....I'm giggling with joy! My little cupcakes are now available at Tu-O-Tu Cafe in Georgetown and ACKC Cocoa Bar in Logan Circle + at their Del Rey, Alexandria location. I just can't believe I've made the jump to retail. And the cupcakes have been so well received! ACKC Cocoa Bar had their tasting last night. I made hundreds of Petite cupcakes in six flavors and 6 dozen Classics for them to have to sell. Of course I got sick over the weekend and was struggling to function so I couldn't attend the event. Well at around 8pm I got an email from one of the owners and not only did they give out all the Petites, but they sold out of the cupcakes!!! Now I have to scramble to get them more so they are stocked for the weekend. And did I mention I have 3 weddings to finish for this weekend. Yup...I will be pulling of all nighters tonight and tomorrow night. I already have my coffee pot programmed. Thank goodness I absolutely love what I do.

Sunday is my only day of rest, and what do I like to do? Experiment with flavor combinations. This Sunday I'm going to try and make a baklava cupcake. Welcome to my cupcake life.

Update: They sold out again in only a two days. So I'm going to spend my night tomorrow baking more yummy cupcakes for ACKC. It's just such a great feeling to see that my little cupcakes have become so popular!

No comments: