Heavenly Yet Beautiful Cupcakes

Starting my own cupcake company was a thrill and I learn so much. But I yearned for the calm of taking my time to create perfect little decorations and unique flavor combinations. After selling my business, I decided to focus on teaching my craft. I hope this site will inspire you to create and indulge in one of the best and most satisfying desserts...the cupcake.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Kickin Some Cake Booty!




After 3 weeks of working on gumpaste flowers and trying to work with fondant, the cake for the contest was officially completed last night. I am also officially exhausted so I am keeping this entry short and just showing everyone pictures. I will rest my brain and complete a more detailed entry this week.
Quick description: 8" cake covered in gumpaste with chocolate crumbs (dirt) topped with 5 cupcakes frosted to look like roses and an assortment of handmade gumpaste flowers (Sweet Peas, Jasmin Flowers and leaves). Little pots were made from fondant and then a cupcake was inserted inside. Topped each with chocolate buttercream and rolled in chocolate crumbs. Gumpaste flowers and lady bugs were added to each. Grass was made by dying coconut shavings and placed on top of chocolate rice krispies.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

I love it! If I hadn't known it was all cake and sugarpaste I never would have guessed.

veggievixen said...

so cuuuuute