Heavenly Yet Beautiful Cupcakes

Starting my own cupcake company was a thrill and I learn so much. But I yearned for the calm of taking my time to create perfect little decorations and unique flavor combinations. After selling my business, I decided to focus on teaching my craft. I hope this site will inspire you to create and indulge in one of the best and most satisfying desserts...the cupcake.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Here We Go


Well, the business has been sold. Sad but I'm a bit relieved as now I can focus on creating without the stress of running a business and most importantly, I can focus on my new roll as a mom.
As for my upcoming posts and demonstrations, my goal is to have videos on the site. But until my wonderful mother and sidekick returns to the US, I am going to have to start with step-by-step images. I know it's not the best way to demonstrate, but please bare with me.
I took some time to figure out a good outline and where I should begin. I tossed some ideas and spent countless hours figuring out exactly what I should start with. And honestly, I just got frustrated. I want to cover everything....and now!
So this is my plan: I don't have one. I am going to just create as ideas come to me and pepper in recipes and tricks I've learned along the way. My first show and tell is going to revolve around my Baby Shower as that is coming up. The theme for the shower is Sunday High Tea. I will devote the next several posts to the items I will be having at the shower. Here are the posts planned for the next few weeks:

Gumpaste Tea Cups: Individual tea cups made from gumpaste. Each cup will contain a cupcake topped with buttercream and will be placed in individual boxes. These are going to be my favors to give out to guests.

Baby Cookies: Baby item shaped cookies to serve during the shower. Decorated with sugar and dragees.

Baby Alphabet Cakes: I saw these on Martha Stewart and just fell in love with them. I will be making these to serve to guests during the shower. Kinda like a cupcake but square!

Tea Sandwiches: I know, I'm all about cupcakes and sweets. But I thought adding a bit on tea sandwiches would be great. Especially if any of you are going to host a high tea for a baby shower, bridal shower or just because.

Tea, coffee, Hot Cocoa and Flavored Simple Syrups: A post dedicated to the beverages. There are so many things one can do to be creative with beverages. For now I am just going to focus on tea, coffee, hot cocoa and the simple syrups. I may venture into creating a champagne drink for my guests.

Thoughts anyone? If you have ideas, I'm all ears!

1 comment:

blah said...

Wow, looking forward to all your tutorials! Especially the gum paste one!