Heavenly Yet Beautiful Cupcakes

Starting my own cupcake company was a thrill and I learn so much. But I yearned for the calm of taking my time to create perfect little decorations and unique flavor combinations. After selling my business, I decided to focus on teaching my craft. I hope this site will inspire you to create and indulge in one of the best and most satisfying desserts...the cupcake.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

What To Do On A Cold Day


Baking for the day is done, delivery was made early today and I can't be bothered to make myself presentable and go out. So what to do. After watching mindless TV for an hour, I caught my craft bag peeking out of my closet. I pulled it out and started looking through it. I had a burst of creative juice and it was bubbling inside of me. I took my fancy scrapbook scissors out, my funky paper and my hole punchers. Off I went. I made a mess of my floor. Which reminds me that I must allocate some time to clean my home. 
I was so in the arts and craft zone and nothing, not even the phone distracted me. Three hours went by and I was spent. I looked up and noticed that the sun was going down. I wanted to capture my masterpieces and rushed downstairs, grabbed a piece of white paper, my nifty camera, my box of dummy cupcakes and my new treasures. I open the door and ran outside to set up my little photoshoot. OMG it was cold. I dropped everything and ran back in to put on some shoes. Yes, I ran out in socks...shows you that I was still in my zone and hadn't made it back to realty yet. I put on my stylish Crocs and a scarf and ran back out. I quickly placed my cupcake dummies in my new cup wrappers I made, snapped some pictures as I shivered. I made it to 10 minutes and then my fingers went numb and I just couldn't stay outside any longer.
 Burrrrrrrrr...it's really nippy and bloody windy. There's nothing worse in my opinion. Anyhoo, here are some quick shots, maybe a bit blurry as my hand was shaking from the cold, of my new wrappers that will be on the eShop of my site soon. Thoughts? Too much? 

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Wow, been looking through your archives...all of your cupcakes are so beautiful! And I love the wrappers, too!