Heavenly Yet Beautiful Cupcakes

Starting my own cupcake company was a thrill and I learn so much. But I yearned for the calm of taking my time to create perfect little decorations and unique flavor combinations. After selling my business, I decided to focus on teaching my craft. I hope this site will inspire you to create and indulge in one of the best and most satisfying desserts...the cupcake.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Spot Of Tea


I had some extra gumpaste from an order and thought I would create something dainty with it. So late one night while watching Jay Leno I got out my brushes and my tools and had an arts and crafts moment. I also made the red wrap. The wrap inspired me to make more and maybe add them to our new online boutique which should be launching soon. The products we chose are awesome and will provide anyone with the materials needed to make their cupcakes into Couture Cupcakes. I'm excited!

The teapot I made here was quite easy. I first started with a ball and then added the snout and lid. I created the handle last and glued it on using gumpaste glue. The little teacups I made by rolling a tiny bit of gumpaste into a disc and then wrapping around the end of one of my wooden spoons I use to cook with. I made sure that the end of the spoon was covered in cornstarch to prevent the gumpaste from sticking. The saucer was made by rolling the gumpaste into a disc and using a small medicine cap as the mold. I just stretched the edges of the gumpaste to fold around the cap to give it that lip. The handles were done last and glued on.

Painting them was fun. I chose a pattern from a tea set I have. I should of used one of the pieces in the shot. But it was really late and I was too lazy.

No comments: